A paper is a formal written presentation typical of those published in academic journals. Additionally, authors will be scheduled for a live discussion session. For additional details and to download a proceedings template, see Papers.
Accepted papers will be published online in the TCC Conference Refereed Proceedings located at: http://etec.hawaii.edu/proceedings/.
A general session is an open forum, where ideas and perspectives are presented and discussed based on a proposal description. We encourage the use of any creative format since the online environment is emerging, and we expect to see new forms of communication styles and methods. For more info, see General sessions.
A student session may be either a paper or a general session that is prepared and presented by a student, often under the guidance of a mentor or thesis adviser. Student presentations are scheduled later in the day. Registration fees are waived for student presenters. For more info, see Student sessions.
Prepare your proposal according the the requirements given for a particular presentation category. Additionally, you will need to provide your contact information.
Papers and proposals for general sessions must be submitted and received online. To submit your proposal, go to:
Additionally, email your paper to Curtis Ho <email@example.com> and to copy to Bert Kimura <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
All submitted papers and general session proposals will be peer-reviewed and an acceptance determination made. You will be notified by email as soon as this determination is made.
If a paper is determined to be unacceptable for publication, the reviewers may suggest that a general session be presented in lieu of publication in the conference proceedings. In this case, the conference coordinators will contact you to make arrangements.
Accepted titles and descriptions will be posted, as submitted, on the conference homepage.
Descriptions may be edited and reformatted to conform to the conference web site design. You may be notified to review the posted material to ensure that the content is accurate and nothing has been omitted.
The primary author or proposal submitter will serve as the main contact between the chairs of the peer review process. All communications will be conducted by email. Please make certain that all email addresses are correctly written.
All presenters must register for the conference and pay the registration fee. Student presentations are highly encouraged and thus, fees will be waived for student presenters.
Presenter Photo & Bio
Prior to the conference, you will be asked to post a photo (head and shoulder photo) in jpg format (160 x 140 pixels or smaller) along with a short written personal biography on the conference web site. Include in the following order: your name, title and affiliation, email address, bio description.
Intellectual Property & Copyright
Copyright of the paper or general session description is retained by the authors. TCC staff will refer all requests for reproduction, reuse or remixing to the original authors.
TCC and its successors reserve the right to:
- Reproduce, share, or publish the paper or presentation in print and electronic formats under a Creative Commons license, “Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works.”
- Permit third parties to reproduce the abstract, paper or presentation for the promotion of the TCC Online Conference.
- Translate and reproduce the paper or presentation into other languages.
Presenter Responsibilities (all sessions)
- Participate in a pre-conference orientation session.
- Conduct an informal, interactive online session about your paper or general session.
- Use a headset with a microphone during the presentation.
- Upload a photo, a brief professional bio, and related informational materials to the conference web site.
- Respond to questions and comments from conference participants during the entire conference.
- Maintain communications, as appropriate, with the conference staff.
To discuss any of the formats or to suggest other alternatives, contact Bert Kimura <email@example.com>.