Papers are formal written presentations typical of those published in academic journals. Paper submissions will be subjected to a “blind,” peer-review and evaluated according to the criteria below. Accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings located at: http://etec.hawaii.edu/proceedings.
Your submission must include a descriptive title and abstract, not to exceed 250 words, that clearly reflects the content of your paper.
Additionally, you will be requested to submit contact information for your coauthors including name, affiliation and location.
Complete the online proposal submission form:
Prepare your paper in MS Word (.doc) or a compatible format such as rich text format (.rtf).
Send your paper by email attachment to Curtis Ho <firstname.lastname@example.org> and copy to Bert Kimura <email@example.com>.
During the conference, paper sessions will be presented in a forum format. A forum is a live, brief 20-minute (brief) or 40-minute (full) interactive session that may be accompanied by slides, web tours, a shared whiteboard, or multimedia, including audio and video segments. Generally, visual aids and multimedia components will be delivered from a server while the audio component is broadcast.
Forums should engage the audience in a highly interactive manner. Participants interact with the presenter through available tools such as a whiteboard, text messaging, voice, and polling.
Proposals to present a full 40-minute session must contain plans for audience interaction in the proposal submission form.
Other formats may also be requested. The coordinators recognize that technology changes rapidly and are open to other live (real-time) presentation formats.
Submittals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Appropriate for TCC (importance to online/eLearning field).
- Contributes to scholarship (innovative ideas & best practices).
- Demonstrates appropriate application of online theory, pedagogy, or concepts.
- Written with quality (organization, clarity, style, etc.).
- Provides potential benefit to conference participants
- The typical length of a PAPER is between 1000 and 2000 words (in hardcopy terms, between 4-8 double-spaced pages). We can accommodate longer papers, however.
- Use the template provided (see below).
- At the beginning of the paper, include the title of your presentation as well as your name(s), affiliation(s) and email addresses.
- At the beginning of the paper, include a brief (5-10 line) abstract, summarizing the emphasis of your presentation.
- Follow the current APA style guide.
- If you include email addresses and URLs in your presentation, be sure they are accurate.
- Papers must be original and not previously published or presented at another conference. Please contact the coordinators if there are any doubts.
- No more than two paper proposals will be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the requirements specified may result in automatic rejection by the editorial board.
Upon review, you will be notified by email of the results, which may be:
- Recommend acceptance, as is.
- Recommend acceptance with revisions, as noted.
- Recommend major revision and resubmission.
- Rejected, with reason.
Papers rejected will not be included in the conference proceedings. However, such papers may be accepted, upon revision if required, for general sessions during the conference.
Prior to the conference, you will be notified to upload a photo and a short bio to the conference homepage.
A sample paper is available: sample_paper.pdf (PDF, 15 KB).
Download a copy of the TCC Refereed Paper Template: