The MOOC, or Massive Open Online Course seems to be the rage this year in higher education. Numerous startups and consortia have formed following pioneering efforts by professors from Stanford, MIT, UC Berkeley, Michigan, and Athabasca, among others.
- Will MOOCs go away soon, or are they here to stay?
- What will MOOCs look like in 2-3 years?
- How much value could it be for students already enrolled in a credit program?
- How will faculty address issues relating to assessing student outcomes for those interested in authenticating their work?
- What will faculty gain by participating in this movement?
- How will MOOCs be funded if it is free to anyone?
Here are some recent articles:
Readers: What’s your take about this movement? Join the conversation by posting a comment.